Explore the Bible: Joshua Bible Study Book is a six-session study that will encourage you and your group members to trust in God and have faith in His promises.
The Book of Joshua illustrates the fact that the Lord gives rest to His people. After the Hebrew people had suffered for four hundred years as slaves in Egypt, God gave them victories in the promised land. But each victory required a step of faith. God’s provision for the people bore witness to later generations of His divinely willed leadership for Israel, and His gracious gift of the promised land demonstrated that the people’s faithful obedience to the covenant could result in abundant blessing.
1. Commissioned—Joshua 1:1-9
2. Conquest—Joshua 6:12-25
3. Commitment—Joshua 10:6-14
4. Settled—Joshua 22:1-8
5. Challenged—Joshua 24:14-28
6. Cycle—Judges 2:6-19
• Biblically rooted, gospel-centered content
• Leader material (tips for leading a group and suggestions for guiding six group sessions)
• Text-driven, streamlined experience with God’s Word
• Demonstrates that the Lord keeps His promises and gives rest to His people
• Reminds believers that victory requires faith
• Contains historical background that provides a greater context for spiritual growth
• Presents reliable biblical truth
• Increases leader’s confidence and preparation
• Offers biblical insight for the Christian life today
• Includes provocative questions, scriptural support and text, application, and preparation
Dr. Tony Evans is a pastor, teacher, author, speaker, and one of the country's most respected leaders in evangelical circles. Through his local church, Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship, and national ministry, The Urban Alternative, Dr. Evans promotes a Kingdom agenda philosophy that teaches God's comprehensive rule over every sphere of life as demonstrated through the individual, family, church, and society.
Binding Paperback Height 0.20 Length 9.50 Width 7.50 Language English Medium Format Paperback Pages 80 Product Group Bible Study Type Study Guide Publication Date 2016-09-01 Publisher LifeWay Christian Resources ISBN10 1430062770 ISBN13 9781430062776 Contributors Tony Evans (Editor)
Please Contact Michael Zimmerman to check out this book from the churches internal library.