God the Creator Group Member Book includes a small-group experience for six sessions, applicable Scripture, and individual study created for personal discipleship.
"In the beginning, God?" As the Bible starts the story that we still see playing out before our eyes, we are confronted with one singular truth—God is before all things. In an overflow of love, this triune God created a universe, a world, creatures to fill it, and human beings in His image to rule over it. But a choice by our first parents plunged this good creation into the devastation of sin, and their children inherited hearts of rebellion against the Creator. God then took action to slow the spread of sin, but even more, He promised to save us from our sin through a Son, whom we know as Jesus.
- In the Beginning, God?
- In God’s Image
- Human Rebellion
- The Spread of Sin
- The Creator Destroys and Redeems
- The Creator Slows the Spread of Evil
- Individual study with emphasis on creation, the fall, and redemption.
- Biblically rooted and gospel-centered content
- Group leader helps
- Application of key theological tenets
- "Voices" of church fathers
- Historical background that creates greater context for spiritual growth
- Biblical truth that’s reliable
- Provocative questions, scriptural support and text, application, and preparation
Matt Carter serves as lead pastor of The Austin Stone Community Church in Austin, Texas. A cancer survivor, author, and speaker for camps and conferences nationwide, he holds a Master of Divinity from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. Matt and his wife, Jennifer, have three children.
Halim Suh and his wife, Angela, have three kids and live in Austin, Texas, where he is an elder and pastor of equipping at The Austin Stone Community Church. Halim has a Bachelor of Arts in Biology from Texas A&M University and a Master of Divinity from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.
- Gain a theological understanding of creation, the fall, and redemption.
- Learn of our role in God’s story, which began at creation.
- Get a deeper appreciation for what it means to be created in God’s image.
- Learn about human rebellion and how sin ruptures our relationship with God, others, and the world.
- Immerse yourself in God’s Word, which tells of God’s plan of redemption through His Son Jesus Christ.
God the Creator - A Gospel-Centered Exploration of Genesis
Language English Medium Format Book Product Group Bible Study Type Study Guide Publication Date 2015-06-01 Publisher LifeWay Christian Resources ISBN10 1430041420 ISBN13 9781430041429 Contributors LifeWay Adults (Author)
Please Contact Michael Zimmerman to check out this book from the churches internal library.