The Way Bible Study Book is an intentional 5-session disciple-making study that acquaints disciples with the way Jesus calls, teaches, equips, and sends His followers. Focusing on the journey of Jesus' original disciples, The Way helps new and growing disciples walk through the Gospels, following Jesus and His methods. A logical follow-up to The Beginning, this resource also stands on its own and serves as the overview of the Disciples Path series and a starting point for followers of Christ who want to go deeper in their understanding and practice of discipleship. The Way can be used in multiple group sizes ranging from one-on-one to larger groups.
The study includes an introduction to the weekly session topic, guided prayer options, and Scripture focus with text and narrative explanation that drives the weekly meeting. Also included each week are discussion questions and group exercises that reinforce the primary teaching points of each topic. Individual study and out-of-group activities have all been crafted to help users take their next step as disciples of Christ. These optional activities include but are not limited to reading plans, prayer exercises, personal study, and journaling.
The sessions include:
1. Defining "Disciple"
2. Jesus Calls Disciples
3. Jesus Teaches His Disciples
4. Jesus Equips His Disciples
5. Jesus Sends His Disciples
- Bible study format, content, and activities created and written by practicing disciple-makers
- Individual exercises to provide opportunities to practice discipleship
- A personal Bible study plan
- Examine five crucial elements of discipleship based on Jesus' ministry.Facilitate transformation through modeling and practice.
- Use as a "handbook" for one-on-one or two-on-one discipleship situations.
- Lead effectively--requires minimal leader preparation and allows the facilitator to model what it means to be a disciple.
- Initiate an intentional discipleship path with individuals or groups.
- Help those with doubts about salvation.
The Way - Discovering Christ's Path of Discipleship
Binding Paperback Height 0.22 Length 9.50 Width 7.50 Language English Medium Format Paperback Pages 80 Product Group Bible Study Type Non-Fiction Publication Date 2015-07-01 Publisher LifeWay Christian Resources ISBN10 1430036516 ISBN13 9781430036517 Contributors LifeWay Adults (Author)
Please Contact Michael Zimmerman to check out this book from the churches internal library.