The Ordinary Bible Study includes a small group experience for six sessions, applicable Scripture, discussion questions, an Ordinary Action Plan, and individual study.
Ordinary is not a call to be more radical. If anything, it is a call to the contrary. The kingdom of God isn't coming with light shows and shock and awe, but with lowly acts of service performed during the normal rhythms of life. Ordinaryencourages participants to move into a life of mission and justice—speaking up for the voiceless, caring for the single mom, restoring the broken, bearing burdens, welcoming the functionally fatherless, and speaking the good news to people on a regular basis in order to change the world.
The following six sessions make up the essential contents of Ordinary:
- Everyday Justice: Trading Sensationalism for Ordinary Christianity
- Neighbor Love: How Justified Sinners Show Compassion in Word and Deed
- Kingdom Hospitality: How the King’s People Welcome Others
- Care for the Vulnerable: How the Father’s Children Love the Fatherless
- Courageous Advocacy: How God’s People Speak Up for the Voiceless
- God-Centered Humility: How an Ordinary Christian Walked with His Extraordinary God
- 6 group sessions
- No prep, facilitator-led small group experiences with content for follow-up personal Bible study
- Practical application steps that enable readers to assess their understanding of the gospel and their level of commitment
- Move toward a missonal life
- Learn through action how to make the gospel more central to your life
- Discover a type of missionality that feels more doable as opposed to a radical change to life
- Develop a better understanding of biblical justice
- Lead group members into a transformation journey that includes a lifestyle of supporting biblical justice
- Foster disciple-making within the local church
Tony Merida is the founding pastor of Imago Dei Church in Raleigh, NC. He also serves as the associate professor of preaching at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. Tony has quickly become a leading voice in the growing movement for adoption and orphan care. He and his wife, Kimberly, have five adopted children—Angela, Jana, Victoria, James, and Joshua. His passion for the fatherless is evident through his writing, teaching, and speaking. Tony speaks around the world at a variety of events, including church planting conferences, pastors’ conferences, orphan care events, student camps, and courses at theological institutions. He is the author of Ordinary and Faithful Preaching, and a coauthor of Orphanology. Also, along with David Platt and Danny Akin, Tony serves as a general editor and as contributor for a commentary series with B&H Publishing Group entitled Christ-Centered Exposition.
Ordinary - How to turn the World Upside Down
Binding Paperback Height 0.30 Length 9.50 Width 7.00 Language English Medium Format Paperback Pages 144 Product Group Bible Study Type Non-Fiction Publication Date 2015-01-02 Publisher LifeWay Christian Resources ISBN10 1430032200 ISBN13 9781430032205 Contributors Tony Merida (Author)
Please Contact Michael Zimmerman to check out this book from the churches internal library.