Explore the Bible: Matthew—Sermon on the Mount Bible Study Book is a six-session study that will equip you and/or your group members to understand and apply Jesus’ most famous section of teaching on life in the kingdom of heaven.
Perhaps no other segment of Jesus’ teaching has garnered as much notoriety or influence as the Sermon on the Mount. And any committed disciple will be blessed by visiting and revisiting Matthew 5-7. Not only is this sermon studied, preached, and examined on its own, but some of its parts have also attained epic status. Suffice it to say, the Sermon on the Mount teaches essential Christianity. Through this study, groups will be exposed to the distinctives, date, and structure of the Book of Matthew and why it’s important to know the sermon’s background and history. But the primary emphasis is an in-depth exploration of what is most certainly the greatest sermon of the Bible, with a special focus on the kingdom of heaven.
- The Beatitudes (Matthew 5:1-12)
- Salt, Light, and Fruit (Matthew 5:13-16; 7:15-23)
- Commands of the Kingdom (Matthew 5:17-22,27-28,33-34a,38-48)
- How to Give, Pray, and Fast (Matthew 6:1-18)
- Earthly and Eternal Concerns (Matthew 6:19-34)
- Two Gates and Two Foundations (Matthew 7:13-14,21-27)
- Biblically rooted and gospel-centered content
- Leader material (tips for leading a group and suggestions for guiding six group sessions)
- Text-driven, streamlined experience with God’s Word
- Contains historical background that provides a greater context for spiritual growth
- Presents reliable, biblical truth
- Increases leader’s confidence and preparation
- Offers biblical insight for your life today
Includes provocative questions, scriptural support and text, application, and preparation
Gregg Matte has served as the pastor of Houston's First Baptist Church since 2004. Prior to that, he served as the founder, speaker, and director of Breakaway Ministries at Texas A&M University. What started as a Bible study with 12 participants in his apartment grew to a weekly gathering of more than 4,000 students each Tuesday night under his leadership. Pastor Gregg is the author of The Highest Education: Becoming a Godly Man and Finding God's Will: Seek Him, Know Him, Take The Next Step. Throughout his ministry, he has also used his spiritual gifts to preach and teach at conferences, camps, and retreats.
Matthew - The Sermon on the Mount
Binding Paperback Height 0.25 Length 9.50 Width 7.50 Language English Medium Format Paperback Pages 80 Product Group Bible Study Type Study Guide Publication Date 2015-09-01 Publisher LifeWay Christian Resources ISBN10 1430043202 ISBN13 9781430043201 Contributors LifeWay Adults (Author)
Please Contact Michael Zimmerman to check out this book from the churches internal library.