God the Sustainer Bible Study Book includes a small-group experience for six sessions, applicable Scripture, and individual study created for personal discipleship.
God is faithful to His Word. He blessed His people with a land, but He also exiled them from it on account of their sin, just as He had said. Yet, God continued to sustain the Israelites, showing Himself to be the one true God even in a foreign land. The Lord preserved His servants—from kings, fire, and lions—and demonstrated his glory and power. When the time of their exile was completed, He brought them home to worship Him with a renewed faith.
1. How to Stay Faithful in Exile – Daniel 1:1-21
2. The God Who Deserves Our Allegiance – Daniel 3:8-30
3. The Handwriting of God – Daniel 5:1-9; 13-30
4. God Rescues Daniel from the Lions – Daniel 6:1-28
5. God Brings His People Home – Ezra 1:1-8; 3:1-13
6. God Sustains Us Through Adversity – Ezra 4:1-7; 5:1-5; 6:13-22
• Biblically rooted and gospel-centered content
• Group leader helps
• Application of key theological tenets
• Individual study with emphasis in discipleship
• Historical background that creates greater context for spiritual growth
• Biblical truth that’s reliable
• Provocative questions, scriptural support and text, application, and preparation
• Understand how God sustains us through hardships
• Realize that God is in control, now and forever
• Learn that rebellion cannot be ignored and God’s desire is that we will be renewed and reconciled with Him through Jesus Christ.
Danny Akin is the sixth president of Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary and the College at Southeastern in Wake Forest, North Carolina. A leader in the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC), he has authored and edited numerous books and journal articles and is best known for his commitment to expository preaching and to the Great Commission. He and his wife Charlotte have four sons.
Walter Strickland serves as special advisor to the president for diversity and instructor of theology at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. He is pursuing a PhD from the University of Aberdeen. He is married to Stephanie and has two daughters, Hope and Kendra.
God the Sustainer - A Gospel-Centered Exploration of Daniel & Ezra
Binding Paperback Height 0.20 Length 9.50 Width 7.50 Language English Medium Format Paperback Pages 80 Product Group Bible Study Type Study Guide Publication Date 2016-09-01 Publisher LifeWay Christian Resources ISBN10 1430062754 ISBN13 9781430062752 Contributors Danny Akin (Author)
Please Contact Michael Zimmerman to check out this book from the churches internal library.