God the Redeemer Bible Study Book includes a small-group experience for six sessions, applicable Scripture, and individual study created for personal discipleship.
According to the plan of God, demonstrated in the life of Joseph, God's people left the promised land for Egypt to find relief from a famine. There they prospered until a new Pharaoh rose up and enslaved them. Their cries were heard by their covenant-making God, who began His glorious work of redemption of His people through a mediator, Moses. Through many miraculous displays of His power, God redeemed His people and led them out of slavery, a foreshadow of the greater redemption from sin that comes through the greater mediator, Jesus Christ.
1. The Redeemer Responds
2. The Redeemer Reveals His Glory
3. The Redeemer Judges and Saves
4. Worthy of Praise
5. The Wilderness Test
6. Rebellion Against the Redeemer
- Individual study with emphasis in discipleship
- Biblically rooted and gospel-centered content
- Group leader helps
- Application of key theological tenets
- Historical background that creates greater context for spiritual growth
- Biblical truth that’s reliable
- Provocative questions, scriptural support and text, application, and preparation
- Come to know Jesus more intimately as your redeemer.
- See first-hand how God’s revelatory power through Moses looks forward to the gospel story.
Tony Merida is the founding pastor of Imago Dei Church in Raleigh, N.C. He also serves as associate professor of preaching at Southeastern Baptist Seminary in Wake Forest, NC. He is happily married to Kimberly; and they have five adopted children. His books include: Faithful Preaching, Orphanology, Ordinary: How to Turn the World Upside Down, and Proclaiming Jesus.
God the Redeemer - A Gospel-Centered Exploration in Exodus
Binding Paperback Height 0.20 Length 9.50 Width 7.50 Language English Medium Format Paperback Pages 80 Product Group Bible Study Type Study Guide Publication Date 2015-09-01 Publisher LifeWay Christian Resources ISBN10 1430043121 ISBN13 9781430043126 UPC 634337523156 Contributors LifeWay Adults (Author)
Please Contact Michael Zimmerman to check out this book from the churches internal library.