Counter Culture Bible Study Book includes six sessions with DVD teaching outlines, small group discussion guides, applicable Scripture, individual study, and practical application. The Bible is clear on a number of issues:
- Who God is—the holy, just, and gracious Creator of the universe
- Who we are—men and women created in the image of God for our good and for God’s glory
- Who Christ is and what He has done—His life, death, and resurrection
- What it means to follow Christ—to die to ourselves and to live in Him
- Why this matters for eternity—heaven and hell are at stake in our response to the gospel
So how do these truths affect how we respond to the social issues of our day—realities such as poverty, slavery, abortion, sexual immorality, the degradation of marriage, the neglect of orphans and widows, racism, and persecution?
David Platt believes that the truths of the gospel should compel us to a contrite, compassionate, and courageous personal response to social issues in the culture. Using biblical foundations, practical illustrations, and personal exhortations, this study is a pointed yet winsome call for readers to faithfully follow Christ in countercultural ways. There will be a cost. There will be a reward. Do Christians in the contemporary church have the courage to counter the culture?
- Biblically rooted and gospel-centered content
- Leader material (guides to questions, general leadership, etc.)
- Personal study segments
- Understand timeless biblical truth as the lens through which you view current events and trends.
- Equip group members to share what they believe in a compassionate yet uncompromising way.
- Gain clarity and confidence on our culture’s most controversial issues.
- Inspire your group members to take action and live out their faith.
Author: Dr. David Platt, President of the International Mission Board, is deeply devoted to Christ and His Word. David’s first love in ministry is making disciples, sharing, showing, and teaching God’s Word in everyday life. He has traveled extensively to serve alongside church leaders throughout the United States and around the world.
A life-long learner, David has earned two undergraduate and three advanced degrees. He holds a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) and Bachelor of Arts in Journalism (A.B.J.) from the University of Georgia, and a Master of Divinity (M.Div.), Master of Theology (Th.M) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary. He previously served at New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary as Dean of Chapel and Assistant Professor of Expository Preaching and Apologetics, Staff Evangelist at Edgewater Baptist Church in New Orleans, and eight years as the Senior Pastor of The Church at Brook Hills in Birmingham, AL. David has written several books, Radical, Radical Together, Follow Me and most recently Counter Culture (to be released February 2015).
David founded Radical (Radical.net), a ministry devoted to serving churches and disseminating disciple-making resources toward the end that the gospel might be made known in all nations.
David and his wife Heather have four children, Caleb, Joshua, Mara Ruth, and Isaiah.
Counter Culture - David Platt
Binding Paperback Height 0.40 Length 9.50 Width 7.00 Language English Medium Format Paperback Pages 176 Product Group Bible Study Type Study Guide Publication Date 2015-02-03 Publisher LifeWay Christian Resources ISBN10 1430038608 ISBN13 9781430038603 Contributors David Platt (Author)
Please Contact Michael Zimmerman to check out this book from the churches internal library.